Welcome to the Maxys Party Band
The Maxys have been entertaining audiences across Australia for over 20 years.
We guarantee to get everyone up singing, dancing and "feeling alright".
Our repertoire covers a broad range of songs from the 60' through to current hits.
Artists covered include Joe Cocker, Robbie Williams, Neil Diamond, ABBA, Aretha Franklin, The Commitments plus many more.
If your looking for a great night of entertainment or a professional band for your next event - then party with the Maxys.
- Music and the Maxys began way back in the 60's with Peter Maxworthy performing in leading Sydney band "The Statesmen"
- In the 70's, Pete and Bev's eldest son Brett, at 12 years of age, became EMI's youngest recording artist (and also starred in Columbia Pictures movie "Barney")
- During the 80 to 90's the Maxys Band was formed and was a full family affair - father Peter (lead guitar), sons Brett (vocals) and Scott (rythme guitar) and daughter Nicolle (vocals).
- In the late 90's, the Maxys took their music inhouse when they took over management of the Intersection Tavern at Ramsgate. Guest artists included Ian Moss, Mark Williams and Mal Eastick.
- Maxys pub which went on to become the premier live entertainment venue in Sydney's South.
- In 1999 the pub was sold and the band then became the NRL Cronulla Sharks band - providing entertainment to thousands of supporters every home game.
- Today the band comprises of brothers Brett and Scott, Bruno Gerace (lead guitar) [Peter sadly passed away in 2007] and the very beautiful and talented Rachael Woodlands on vocals.
- The Maxys are available for club and corporate events across Australia.
- For more information please contact us or call 0414 792 072