This November I've decided to get hairy and grow a moustache for Movember.
I want to be an active participant in the movement that is changing the face of men's health. I'm also committed to tackling men's health issues and being proactive in the fight against men's depression and prostate cancer...and I want you on my team. Our team is called TEAM CLIVE (after our new web video stuff http://www.clivevideo.com) .
To join our Movember team go to http://au.movember.com/au/register and follow the steps. Once registered you'll be sent all the information you need to get donations and get growing as part of our Movember team.
You will need these details to complete your online registration:
- Captain's Registration Number: 1386066
Men's health is a major issue. Did you know:
- Depression affects 1 in 6 men....most don't seek help. Untreated depression is a leading risk factor for suicide.
- Every year 2,900 Australian men die from prostate cancer and over 18,000 men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer.
The money raised by Movember is used to raise awareness of men's health issues and donated to the Prostate Cancer Foundation of Australia and beyondblue: the national depression initiative. The PCFA and beyondblue will use the funds to fund research and increase support networks for those men who suffer from prostate cancer and depression.
For those that have supported Movember in previous years you can be very proud of the impact it has had and can check out the details at:
[ Fundraising Outcomes ].
To donate to our Mo you can either:
- Click this link https://www.movember.com/au/donate and donate online using your credit card or PayPal account, or
- Write a cheque payable to ‘Movember Foundation', referencing our Registration Number 1386066 and mailing it to:
PO Box 292
Prahran VIC 3181
Remember, all donations over $2 are tax deductible.
Movember culminates at the end of month Gala Partés. If you would like to be part of this great night you'll need to purchase a [ Gala Parté Ticket ].
Thanks for your support
Scott.More information is available at http://www.movember.com/
Movember is proudly grown by Holden and Schick.
Movember is proud partners with the Prostate Cancer Foundation of Australia and beyondblue: the national depression initiative.