Watch more Revver videos on AOL Video
Quality Rises to the Top
Last month we mentioned a great video from a Sony/BMG conference in Rome 2008 about the exponential develop of technology - the articles also showed a 1957 RAND computer promotional video, the key point the core messages about technology growth are the same.
Anyway, the old link was broken but happily the video reappeared today via a viral email - such is the fundamental principle that quality content and production tends to rise to the top - by that I mean it engages with the audience (builds brand), informs (WIIFM for the viewer/ consumer) and motivates action (ie Seth's megaphone/ Forresters Technographics - to consume to create).
If it was Sony that put the video out into cyberspace then well done - this is clever thought leader branding.
I should point out that the raw content is based on a slide show called Shift Happens
- China will soon be the #1 English speaking nation in the world
- Todays learner will have 10-14 jobs....but the age of 38!
- The top 10 in demand jobs did not exist in 2004
- There are over 2.7B searches on Google each month
- There are more then 3,000 new books published every day
- The amount of new technical information is doubling every two years
- By 2010 it is expected to double every 72 hours
- By 2049 a $1,000 computer will exceed the computation capabilities of the entire human species (note: see creative economy)
The facts are we adapt, the Y gens of today will be considered the dinosours of their grand children and so on. One thing that stays constant in the world of change is the human connection - friendship, wisdom, trust and creativity.