Online Customer Engagement - building your online brand
This article began with a check for a Technorati ping for my new blog and grew into a checklist to help others build their online brand.
What is the customer need?Business all begins and ends with the customer or consumer - whether consumption is reading information, subscribing to a feed, creating a contanct, watching a video or purchasing a product or service
Whether customers know they need your product or service yet is simply matter of time and three things - price, product or service. From there it is the relationship you have with your customers that counts.
Your goal, understand what your customer want or will need and reduce their barriers to purchasing.
Online Business and marketing plan
- Is building a business any different than building a house? Any business needs a direction, strong foundations and a blueprint to easily communicate your design objectives to investors, clients, staff, contractors and suppliers.
- Your business plan should be focused around servicing a customer need. Understand everybody has different needs and wants and you can't please everyone all the time but there are common characteristics.
- Segment your products and services into customer needs. Research - search the web, speak to competitors and ask questions of potential customers
- Identify the most rewarding target markets. Rewards come in many different shapes and sizes. What is important to you?
- Develop your marketing message - don't under or over sell. Create strong value propositions.
Web site design implemented incorporating SEO (Search Engine Optiminisation)
- Ask these questions of every page - does it Inform, Inspire, Involve, Influence?
- Inverted pyramid approach to web design -
- Broad to specific
- Maximum (attempt) three menu layers - use keywords as menu titles
- Keep It Simple - people are time poor
- Quality - first impression is very important
Content creation incorporating SEO
Writing Copy (inverted pyramid approach). Keep it simple at the top layers. Make it easy for your reader.
Images (consistent style look and feel) - a picture tells a thousand words
Video (short and to the point) - if a picture tells a thousand words what is a video worth?
Internet marketing - blogging , online social networks and other forms of distribution etc
Blogging - your voice - integrated into your customer needs and marketing plan. Strategies.
- Strategies - you are now a magazine producer - how are you going to get readers? (more on this later)
- Email marketing and your CRM
- Internet advertising
To be contuinued.....